[Lazarus] Block unindent does not work in Lazarus like in Delphi7....

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun Oct 10 21:50:56 CEST 2010

  On 10/10/2010 20:29, Bo Berglund wrote:
> In Lazarus after selecting a group of code lines:
> Ctrl-k-u or Ctrl-k-i does exactly nothing.
you can assign them, or maybe select a different keymap-scheme...
> Ctrl-Shift-i and Ctrl-Shift-u (the Delphi keys) does nothing
>
> TAB indents 2 spaces at a time
>
> Shift-TAB unindents 2 spaces at a time but only to the original
> position
I think that is only the appearance you get.

unindent works until all spaces are gone. But of course only, if it is
all indented by spaces.

Because (other than delphi) unindent does not substitute any tabs by
spaces => so if the first char on the line is a tab, then unindent does
nothing.

And yes, some kind of solution for this would be good => feel free to
add a feature request on our bugtracker, so it will not get forgotten

> In Delphi 7:
> Ctrl-k-i indents 2 spaces
>
> Ctrl-k-u does nothing
>
> Ctrl-Shift-i indents 2 spaces
>
> Ctrl-Shift-u unindents 2 spaces until the text reaches left edge.
It does more, it replaces all tabs by spaces.
That is why it can unindent

Martin