[Lazarus] lazarus 32bit locks up under win7-64

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 09:31:24 CEST 2010

Am 19.10.2010 01:52, schrieb BTree Computing Services:
> I started converting a Delphi2006 windows service to lazarus last week.
>   My core application converts fine, however, I need to re-do the
> portions that rely on the Indy components and the TurboPower XML
> partners. I have lazarus installed in c:\lazarus and is the 32 bit
> version running under win7 64 bit. When I run [F9] my app or even the
> apps under \example, the lazarus launches the appropriate application.
> When I close down that application, lazarus is completely frozen (like
> an invisible modal dialog exists) and only rings a bell when I try to
> click on it. I have to end-task lazarus and since windows still has a
> lock on the myapp.exe file, I can no longer compile to that location
> until I reboot my computer. (myapp is NOT in the process list).
>
> An ideas of what I can do to develop/test on my win7 machine? Go to
> Lazarus 64 bit?

Two ideas:

1) Disable the "Execution stopped" dialog in
"Tools->Settings->Debugger->General" (titled "Show message when
stopped") [Note: The names might be similar, cause I'm using the German
version]
2) If you have to kill Lazarus again look for a "gdb.exe" that might
still be running. That is the process that has your executable
(myapp.exe) open.

Regards,
Sven