[Lazarus] open pas file from command line

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 11:09:30 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-21 10:40, Vincent Snijders het geskryf:

> IIRC, it was because you did not use the correct way to save the settings.
> I am almost certain that is mentioned in the bug report with the patch.

And as I remember, I justified my reasons for that design. The mentioned
translation issues is a moot point, because the user can define their own
filter types, modify existing types (including the name of the filter).
Those will never get translated because they are end-user entered text - so
I simply don't get the issue you went on about.

As for storing the filters in a separate xml file, I justified that design too.

I understand a valid argument if there was no thought put into the original
design, but in this case I *did* think about the design before I coded, and
explained my reasons for doing so. What more do you want?

Anyway, as I mentioned in that mantis report.... I am happily using that
feature without problems, so it's your (end-users of Lazarus IDE) loss. I
think it's a useful feature to have, and others agreed.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/