[Lazarus] Release schedule and policy

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 12:51:17 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-25 12:13, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho het geskryf:
> Then 0.9.28.2 has to be release very shortly after that. Not very
> good, and clearly shows that we need more people responsible for doing
> testing of the basic functionality at least before releases.

True, but realistically, Lazarus users tend to use released version more
often that "development" versions like Trunk. Sad I know, but currently it
seems like fact. So with saying that, it seems that released version get
more attention and testing, so the importance of early and often
maintenance releases (and even full releases) are greater. This should help
address the "things are not being tested" in Trunk issue. Plus, having
releases more often makes the project look like it is very active and fast
paced - this is good PR.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/