[Lazarus] fppkg and lazarus packages

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Sep 4 11:35:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-09-03 at 17:27 +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> > So maybe fpmake should be more flexible with the last two areas of the
> > version number?  Just a thought.
>
> We thought about that and discarded it, since we need to be able to compare
> version numbers. With free format that is not possible.

On Fedora they solved that by requiring a numeric, and a free part. And
I thought I'd added to fpmake too, But it could be that I missed some
parts.

There are three part:
- the version number, ie x.y.z
- The revision number, which is a number just made up to indicate the
order of several revisions.
- A free part where you can put anything you want (date, revision
number, 'releasecandidate' - anything without a space)

Format is: x.y.z-revnr.anything

If it's a beta-package, without any logical order in between the
versions, the revnr should be 0.

Joost