[Lazarus] IDE doesn't ask whether to open program as new project or as regular file

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 13 14:12:46 CEST 2010

Am 13.09.2010 13:39, schrieb Mattias Gärtner:
> Zitat von Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com>:
>
>> Am 10.09.2010 17:35, schrieb Mattias Gaertner:

>>> Yes for a lpr file.
>>>
>>> When opening a lpi file via File->Open the IDE always asks.
>>
>> Is this a changed behavior? I remember that it wasn't always like
>> this... (or do I have problems with my memory? :) ).
>
> AFAIR it was always so.

I just did a quick test with 0.9.29 on Windows. I created a simple
program in a text editor (file extension: .pas) and opened it with
"File->Open" in Lazarus. It asked whether I want to create a new
project. So afaik it wasn't always so :P

I don't know the revision, but the source files from Lazarus are from
30th August (and I've updated before I compiled that version), but they
are no longer under subversion control, so I can't check.

>> Nevertheless: could an option be added to ask on lpr files as well
>> (again?) ? I'll also create an issue report for it if you want. (So
>> that this isn't forgotten) :)
>
> What's the problem with opening the lpi file, or using "open project"?

That's the point: no lpi file. The situation I'm talking of is a
externally created virgin Pascal program.

The only possible solution would be "Project->New project from file" (or
similar, I use the German version), but I'm rather used to "File->Open"
being an allround solution.

Regards,
Sven