[Lazarus] RichMemo in shared SO library

dmitry boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 23:14:09 CEST 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Dibo <dibo20 at wp.pl> wrote:
> I have no problem with LCL and Richmemo in DLL, but on linux I can't
> build SO library with TRichMemo. I get this error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: /home/dibo/Programowanie/Lazarus/components/richmemo/lib/x86_64-linux/richmemo.o: relocation R_X86_64_32S against `TC_RICHMEMO_RTFLOADSTREAM' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC
>
> /home/dibo/Programowanie/Lazarus/components/richmemo/lib/x86_64-linux/richmemo.o: could not read symbols: Bad value

Hi,

Thanks for the interest with the RichMemo. I saw your bug report!
I'm sorry, I can't take a closer look at your problem and probably
won't have enough time in the next month. Very sorry.

However, the problem looks to be somehow FPC related, could you ask
about the issue at the fpc-pascal mailing list?

thanks,
dmitry