[Lazarus] Posting to the list via the Gmane news gateway???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:08:39 CEST 2010

>On 9/27/2010 05:38, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Lukasz Sokol<el.es.cr at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Posting via nntp on gmane has proven to be problematic (with the
>>> gmail = googlemail duality - gmane converted @gmail to @googlemail (or v/v) and
>>> the mailing list did not tolerate that).
>>>
>> But it means having to activate the mail delivery option in the list
>> and thereby getting
>> a *lot* of messages into the regular inbox...
>
>doesn't your mail reader have filtering capabilities so you can toss those
>messages into dedicated folders for them? my thunderbird sure does and all mail
>is placed into special folders for reading... my folder for this area is under a
>top level "programing" folder, a "pascal" folder and then a "lazarus" folder...
>offlist private messages are handled similarly...
>
>    programing/pascal/lazarus
>    programing/pascal/lazarus/offlist
>
>other emails, plain and lists related, are stored in similar fashion... it keeps
>the inbox uncluttered except for things that have not yet had filters written
>for them... some of those never will but still...
>
>the point is, learn your software and how to use it then put it to work /for/
>you instead of it making you work ;)

Yes, I am using Outlook 2003 and it has these capabilities for sure.
In fact I have set it up to stuff away the messages, but there are
just too many of them anyway.
And there is no real overview available like what one gets with a
newsreader like Agent. Threaded by topic and indented by sequence,
try doing tha with Outlook...

I have used this mail client (or its predecessors) since about 1997 or
so and I have a lot of messages saved that are work related.

But I do not want to expand it into being a repository for the mail
lists too when we have news mirrors like GMANE available.

Finally, the problems are coming from a misconfiguration on the GMANE
server itself as was discovered by Vincent Snijders, so I hope that
the GMANE maintainer will fix the problem after he has read my report
to him.

Bo B