[Lazarus] Project / Save Project As ... - expected behavior?

John Repucci john.repucci at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 21:20:40 CEST 2011

>> I believe that currently it is necessary to use the menu "View / Units..." for each unit then do a "File / Save as..." for each of the units. I also think that when a unit is saved that it's form is automatically saved... someone please correct me if this is wrong.
>
> Correct.
> If you want to move many units, it may be easier to edit the lpi file.
>

> Mattias

Ignoring the effort to make the changes ...

Is either of these procedures (move one file at a time or edit the lpi
file) the way this should ideally work?

I was expecting that Save Project As ... would allow me to clone the
project so I could start a spin-off.   Would "Project / Publish
Project do a clone?

Is there any reason I should not create an enhancement / feature
request to change this behavior?
John