[Lazarus] Lazarus config woes

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Apr 3 12:19:12 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>>> There is not much to know:
>>> The secondary have obviously the same format as the primary configs.
>>> The values depends on version. They are human readable xml and you
>>> should not edit them manually. Use the IDE to create/edit them.
>> Sorry, there remains much more to know :-(
>>
>> Why, or in how far, do template values depend on a version?
>
> There is only one value per key. No version.
>

>> It's obvious that the *amount* of entries can differ, but what about
>> installation specific entries (pathes...)?
>
> For example the debian package puts configs into /etc/lazarus to setup
> Lazarus directory, compile file name, make path, gdb and help files.

The Windows installer puts essentially the same informations into the
Lazarus directory. But these configs are very rudimentary, from which
place are the remaining settings taken?

>> How can the IDE be used to create or edit templates?
>> (so that nothing but the template is affected)
>
> Just copy a config to the scp and strip all values from the xml you
> don't need.

This is against the wiki suggestion, therefore my question.

Which xml do you mean? The environmentoptions.xml only, or other config
files as well?

>> Which macros can be used in a template? (absolute path issue)
>
> The same as in the config files. See
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Macros_in_paths_and_filenames#Paths_and_Parts

This should be mentioned in the wiki as well.

DoDi