[Lazarus] Problems with the v0.9.30 AMD 64 DEBs on Sourceforge

brian brian at meadows.pair.com
Tue Apr 5 17:20:59 CEST 2011

On 04/05/2011 09:20 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> brian <brian at meadows.pair.com> hat am 5. April 2011 um 14:54 geschrieben:
>
>  <...>
>
> The dpkg is clever enough to order the packages automatically.
>
> Unfortunately the debian packages are made for repositories, which is
> somewhat awkward for downloaders.
>
> OTOH if you use repositories the debian packages are really great.

The repositories configured for Mint are still offering 0.9.28-2.

> The old lazarus stored your user configs in ~/.lazarus. There is also
> the list of your installed packages. This list is applied when you
> rebuild the IDE.

I just checked the timestamps in that directory, and of course you're
correct. Obviously apt-get's attempt to purge the configuration files
from the previous installation was a bit short of comprehensive. I
should have thought of a hidden directory and checked... :(

> Eventually there should be a check and a dialog to help migrating old
> package sets. Although I'm not sure how this should work.

The one thing I did note is that I had the 'build lazarus'
configuration set to NOT do anything with the examples.

Brian.