[Lazarus] Problems with the v0.9.30 AMD 64 DEBs on Sourceforge

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Apr 5 15:20:37 CEST 2011

brian <brian at meadows.pair.com> hat am 5. April 2011 um 14:54 geschrieben:

>[...]
> > Perhaps you tried to install the
> >
> > lcl-qt4-0.9.30_0.9.30-0_i386.deb
> >
> > ?
> >

> Unquestionably. As you know, the files on SourceForge unpack to 19
> .debs (FreePascal) and 13 .debs (Lazarus) with no indication as to
> whether there's any particular order in which to install them. I just
> took the unsubtle approach, unpacked each into their own subdirectory
> and then ran a couple of "sudo dpkg -i *.deb", first on the FreePascal
> directory and then on the Lazarus directory, figuring that if there
> was any sensitivity as to the installation order, the second pass
> would probably fix it.
The dpkg is clever enough to order the packages automatically.
Unfortunately the debian packages are made for repositories, which is somewhat
awkward for downloaders.
OTOH if you use repositories the debian packages are really great.

>[...]
> > The unit Exploreidemenu is an example package (examples/exploremenu).
> > It is not installed by default. Problably you had it installed in a
> > former version and the IDE tried to restore your old set of packages.
> >

> It's hard for me to prove a negative, but I really did take pains to
> remove the old version - I did an "apt-get purge" on both fpc and
> lazarus, and then did a search on both and removed anything else I
> could find.
The old lazarus stored your user configs in ~/.lazarus. There is also the list
of your installed packages. This list is applied when you rebuild the IDE.
Eventually there should be a check and a dialog to help migrating old package
sets. Although I'm not sure how this should work.

Mattias