[Lazarus] SIGSEGV with gdb.exe

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Apr 19 19:34:59 CEST 2011

On 19/04/2011 18:13, Kjow wrote:
> ut only if I have
> gdb.exe as debugger. If I remove it from options, the project

This may be caused by your anti-virus solution, firewall, or certain
drivers.

BitDefender is known to cause this.
Comodo firewall is known to cause this.
I suspect there may be printer drivers that cause this too, but I am not
sure.

With some anti virus it is possible to switch to game mode, or similar.

This used to be the case for bitdefender until recently.
Now it appears, that bit defender forces itself to be load (as dll) with
*every* application. But if entered while in gdb crashes.

There is nothing (as far as I know) that can be done in Lazarus or FPC.
If those products, (deliberately or not) behave differently, if the host
app is being debugged, then this is to me a fault of the manufacturer of
these products.
Alternatively, there may be an issue in gdb itself, that causes certain
code to rash. I have no idea, but again, it can't be fixed in Lazarus

Best regards
Martin