[Lazarus] SIGSEGV with gdb.exe

Kjow antispammoni at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 19:51:35 CEST 2011

2011/4/19 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
> This may be caused by your anti-virus solution, firewall, or certain
> drivers.
>
> BitDefender is known to cause this.
> Comodo firewall is known to cause this.
> I suspect there may be printer drivers that cause this too, but I am not
> sure.
>
> With some anti virus it is possible to switch to game mode, or similar.
>
> This used to be the case for bitdefender until recently.
> Now it appears, that bit defender forces itself to be load (as dll) with
> *every* application. But if entered while in gdb crashes.
>
> There is nothing (as far as I know) that can be done in Lazarus or FPC. If
> those products, (deliberately or not) behave differently, if the host app is
> being debugged, then this is to me a fault of the manufacturer of these
> products.
> Alternatively, there may be an issue in gdb itself, that causes certain code
> to rash. I have no idea, but again, it can't be fixed in Lazarus
>
> Best regards
> Martin

Thank you for quick reply,

I had no problems until last Friday (15/04/11) and now, also
deactivating my Avira Antivir the problem persist.
As printer I have an Epson PX720WD, but that never caused errors to
gdb until today.

Damn... :(

Thanks!
Kjow

PS I noticed that when my program crashes (without gdb) Windows return
this error: StackHash_fdb0
I don't know if it can help to define the situation...