[Lazarus] reverse engineering tool wanted

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:48:25 CEST 2011

On 20/04/2011 11:59, Juha (gmail) wrote:

> Sorry I don't. I remember someone mentioned it during the ESS-Model port
> discussion but I didn't find it in the original thread:

No problem, I'll search the documentation on Embarcadero's site.

> I screwed my code badly and then didn't want to touch such tool any more.

hehehe... The same experience I had.

> But, a 1-way reverse engineering class diagram tool with automatic layouting
> would be very useful.

Maybe for small projects, but for any medium to large scale project,
such a tool is useless too. See the following URL as to why I say that.

   http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7504/tes0001.jpg

:-)
Our class design is way to large to fit on any paper our printers can
handle, or what can even be displayed on a single screen. So we have to
segment our UML class diagrams to specific areas of our product - only
showing the classes in question. eg: Account Invoicing, Learner
Registration, etc.  Anything larger and it is information overload!

So your idea of selecting what classes to diagram is vital.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/