[Lazarus] reverse engineering tool wanted

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Apr 20 13:38:14 CEST 2011

On Wed, 20 Apr 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> On 20/04/2011 12:56, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
>>
>>  All this possible with fpclasschart. I added a graphviz backend to it a
>>  couple of months ago. Graphviz will do the automatic layout.
>

> Is fpclasschart usage documented somewhere?  I tried to use it
> yesterday, just by looking at the -h help output. No luck getting it to
> work - using FPC 2.4.3 under 64-bit Linux.
>
> The FPC Wiki had no help... I'll search the FPC pdf docs next.

It is not documented. In essence, it does the same as makeskel,
but instead of outputting a complete FPDoc skeleton, it outputs
a postscript file as per the FP classchart or (as written above)
a GraphViz file.

So as I not forget, maybe a bug report should be created that this
tool must be documented... (in fpdoc)

Michael.