[Lazarus] Lazarus Portuguese translation situation

Maxim Ganetsky ganmax at narod.ru
Tue Aug 30 21:44:50 CEST 2011

Hello.

Currently we have regularly maintained Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR)
translation and unmaintained Portuguese (pt_PT) one, which was copied
from the former and thus not entirely correct.

I think that if Portuguese translation won't be updated it should be
removed before next Lazarus release.

I would like to get Portuguese community members opinions on what we
should do:

1) Just remove it before the next release if it won't be fixed/updated.
2) Remove it and make pt_BR translation the default (pt).
3) 'Merge' these translations and leave only one unified Portuguese
translation conforming to latest Portuguese orthographic agreement
(AFAIK has some semantical issues).
4) Any other option I didn't think of.

--
Best regards,