[Lazarus] The right way of installing FPC to use with Lazarus?

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Aug 3 18:18:36 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Fr0sT <fr0st.brutal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Marcos, thanks for answering. Sorry I didn't mention OS - I use
> WinXP32 and also tried compiling for Winx64.
> I've read the page you mentioned already (haven't tried all the
> actions though) but I doubt that it will create needed source folders
> (but I'll test it anyway).
> But manual is still incomplete. Nothing is said about:
> - libgdb - where people could find it, what version to download?
> - gdb.exe to enable Lazarus bebugger - the same
> - x64 compilation - when trying to compile for x64 (under x32 OS) I
> received error "no *.dll, *.ico, *.h in ....\binw64" - what's this and
> how can one deal with that? (I just copied stuff from binw32 folder
> but it's hardly a proper way)

1. You need creates the folders manually:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#STEP_.231:_Create_directories_and_get_the_sources

2. All binaries tools like gdb.exe, etc are in /install/binw32, again:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus#STEP_.231:_Create_directories_and_get_the_sources

3. Please, just follow the tutorial one step at a time and you go on.

Marcos Douglas

PS: I created this tutorial and I used them to compile my FPC so, it works.
For multiples versions, just change the FPC's version number in the script).