[Lazarus] Delphi XE2 uses FPC, plus VCL just not portable

Zaher Dirkey parmaja at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 14:29:40 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
   On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 10:57 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys

> > This confirms my thoughts I have had for a long time. VCL is just too
> > Windows centric and is NOT a good basis for cross-platform
> > development.
>
> You don't like it, don't use it. Lazarus itself proves that it is an
> excelent cross-platform base, Lazarus in Mac OS X works great for me.

I am partial agree with Graeme, LCL still use Windows as base platform, for
example BorderStyle property in the TForm (bsDialog, bsSingle ...), as i
remember it is from Delphi1 that work on Win3.11, look at bsSingle what it
is mean, How i can describe BorderStyle to newbie students, in Win311 there
is Form the border sized Sizable = Double, Single not sizable, or Dialog =
double but not sizable, it is depends on Resources in Win311 same names.

LCL is still inherit something from Win311

Best regard
Zaher Dirkey