[Lazarus] Delphi XE2 uses FPC, plus VCL just not portable

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 8 16:27:05 CEST 2011

On 08/08/2011 04:10 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> When FireMonkey is different from the VCL, it's also different from
> the LCL. Your choice would mean fpMonkey *instead* of Lazarus.
I meant using the Lazarus IDE as a tool for building a Firemonkey
application.

Of course the existing GUI support in the LCL would not be usable- We
would need a Firemonkey library and a Firemonkey GUI builder. Of course
better compatibility (similar to LCL-fpGUI) would be nice but I don't
suppose this is possible.

-Michael