[Lazarus] Build command menu on WinXP is broken(?)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Tue Aug 9 18:08:50 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:

> Hi,
> I think something wrong in "Lazarus Build menu command", trunk version on WinXP.
> I got the new sources of trunk; compiled with new branch fixes_2_6 (2.5.1) with
> sucess; open the IDE (using my old PCP directory with my environment and
> packages configurations because I want to migrate the packages from
> 0.9.30 to 0.9.31 trunk)
> and clicked 'Install/Unistall packages' and chose one package just to
> "refresh" the packages to show in component bar; clicked in 'Save and
> Build button';
> the IDE reopened with sucess and all components showed in component bar,
> how I wanted. So the migration worked, right?
>
> So, I tried to compile the IDE using Tools/Build (Clean Up + Build
> All) and I got the error (see printscreen in attachment).
>
> So, I compiled Lazarus with lazbuild tool using the same PCP and...
> everything worked, again.

Nobody answer me...  =(

Well, I continued my tests:
1- I compiled Lazarus /branches/fixes_0_9_30/ (I had it compiled with
FPC 2.4.5) using lazbuild tool and FPC 2.5.1 (branches/fixes_2_6/)
2- Looks like worked...
3- I opened the IDE and change the FPC directories
3- I clicked in Compile... ERROR: I can't find the Interfaces unit...
blablabla...

The lazbuild tool compiled, but did not worked!

So, I clicked in "Build + Clean" and IDE menu to compile with the new
FPC version (branches/fixes_2_6/)... everything works now (WORKING IN
0.9.30 NOT IN 0.9.31 trunk").

Marcos Douglas