[Lazarus] Alt key to set column selection mode is broken

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 12 14:54:33 CEST 2011

On 12/08/2011 13:45, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>> I haven't checked it under Linux. But on windows, the right alt key, simply
>> translate into ctrl-alt. You can test it using shift-alt and cursor keys for
>> selection
>>
>> That means on windows, using the mouse I can use either alt key (because
>> ctrl+alt does not activate the mouse links)
> Adding support for ssAltGr is as simple as adding in lcl\forms.pp, line 1764:
>
> +  if GetKeyState(VK_RMENU)<  0 then Include(Result, ssAltGr);
>
> Should we also support an independent left Alt state and leave ssAlt
> to mean any Alt? What about the other keys?

Does that work on all widgetsets?

And what about people relying on the current behaviour, where AltGr does
map to alt-ctrl? Currently (nmopt sure if mapped by the lcl, or if send
by windows) an application receives alt-ctrl, for AltGr. existing apps
may rely on that

For example, on Windows (tested with windows, but I remember this was
already true in the early days), using a german keymap (where altgr is used.

AltGr - Q  is @, and you can use ctrl-alt-Q as well.
There are several other such examples on the german keymap. And I
believe there are other none english keymaps that work similar too.

I don't know how those work on Linux.
I don't know about Mac (does Mac have altgr?)

And none windows systems obviously could also use the "windows" key as
modifier.
Actually, even on windows, you can have an app that uses the windows key....