[Lazarus] Alt key to set column selection mode is broken

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Aug 12 14:59:54 CEST 2011

On 12/08/2011 13:51, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 08/12/2011 02:45 PM, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
>> Adding support for ssAltGr is as simple as adding in lcl\forms.pp, line 1764:
>>
>> +  if GetKeyState(VK_RMENU)<  0 then Include(Result, ssAltGr);
>
> All good and well, but I was actually referring to SynEdit (Lazarus's
> editor component), not a Form.

SynEdit just looks at what it gets from the LCL, and what it is
configured to do.

If you use a windows manager that steels away a key or mouse
combination, then that is not synedits fault [1].
If synEdit never receives the alt-left mouse, that is your window manager.

The IDE has an advanced mouse setup, it can be changed there. So has
your window manager.

--
[1]
If you refer to the configuration used in the IDE, in the light of an (