[Lazarus] Console App Development

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 18:49:33 CEST 2011

On 13 August 2011 16:38, Martin wrote:

> Are you sure?
> Have you compared speed to 0.9.28? And which actions have you used for
> checking speed?

Yet, at least between a 0.9.29 binary I had lying around, and 0.9.30.1

In the days of 0.9.26 and 0.9.28 I used the GTK1 interface. At that
point LCL-GTK1 was considerably faster than the LCL-GTK2 - in the
editor, dialogs, and general screen updates.

I know LCL-GTK2 has come a long way since then.

When I say slower, in this test case I can not the following.

 - tab / editor screen update. The editor was "blank" for the duration
of loading
   those units. MSEide was instant with near zero screen flicker.

My other concern was memory consumption. I know I have no clue as to
what Lazarus IDE everything does, but I can say that for the generate
usage of loading a project with some 5-15 units open, code navigating
here and there etc.. the memory consumption of Lazarus is by
magnitudes more than MSEide. Regarding what I was test or using in the
editor, both IDE's had the same functionality.

  - Graeme -