[Lazarus] RE : Console App Development

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:54:31 CEST 2011

On 13 August 2011 19:14, Martin  wrote:
> Well the start up speed could differ, as files could be opened and loaded in
> parallel.

Yes, this is what I was thinking too. Plus the GUI could be more
"snappy" (updated quicker). As you stated, if I had to use the 400
units example again, currently Lazarus would create 400 tabs and 400
synedit instances, then only does the ide get chance to update the GUI
for the current active tab. This is when I see the "blank" editor
window for a few seconds while the tabs are being created - making the
user experience much worse.

Being multi-threaded, the GUI could update the active tab almost
instantly, while the other threads create the extra tabs and synedit
instances in parallel.

> Apparently MSEide then must have it's own sort of codetools.

I guess so. Probably just the terminology used is different.

> The only knowledge about pascal, that synedit has, is the highlighting, and
> with this the code folding, and divider-draw lines. All other pascal related
> work is codetools.

OK, thanks for explaining the differences and what each one does.

  - Graeme -