[Lazarus] Console App Development

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 20:28:27 CEST 2011

Am Samstag 13 August 2011, 19:59:15 schrieb Martin:
> On 13/08/2011 17:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > My other concern was memory consumption. I know I have no clue as to
> > what Lazarus IDE everything does, but I can say that for the generate
> > usage of loading a project with some 5-15 units open, code navigating
> > here and there etc.. the memory consumption of Lazarus is by
> > magnitudes more than MSEide. Regarding what I was test or using in the
> > editor, both IDE's had the same functionality.
>
> Well one thing, I noted is that MSEide does not seem to deal with nested
> comments, that opens the question how much context the remaining
> highlighting takes into account.

The default pascal.sdef file is "Delphi compatible". Please change in
apps/ide/syntaxdefs/pascal.sdef
"
scope comment1 comment
 endtokens
  '}'
"
"
scope comment1 comment
 calltokens
  '{' comment1
 endtokens
  '}'
"
for nested comments.

> The more context is needed, the more time and memory it will cost.

MSEide does not store context for syntax highlighting after the source has
been colored. The editor grid stores "richstringty":
"
 richstringty = record
  text: msestring;
  format: formatinfoarty;
  flags: richflagsty;
 end;
"
"format" stores the color and font info of the string.
The parser for code navigation is independent from syntaxhighlighting.

Martin