[Lazarus] Generics in FPC have many problems

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Aug 29 16:55:31 CEST 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 09:46:45 -0400
Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> My eventual goal is to create the
> best cross platform game engine ever based on Delphi/Pascal.
Funny, many engines use C and Assembler both do not support generics. I tend to avoid them in my Java engine, too, for performance reasons.

<snip>

> And if someone ever does intent to fix generics in FPC, there are a whole
> slew of errors that they already bring into the compiler. I'll make a list
> of examples of those errors at a later time, but they inner workings of
> generics should be redone to remove the specialization requirement before
> those errors are addressed.
As you say this are FPC problems not Lazarus ones. So you used the wrong list for your post. Please use one of the FPC lists to discuss compiler related stuff.

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?