[Lazarus] Generics in FPC have many problems

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Aug 29 18:16:33 CEST 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 11:09:23 -0400
Anthony Walter <sysrpl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Besides, when writing a (simple) game you'll likely be limited by hardware
> and not software.
That is the sad thing about technical progress. No need to write efficient code anymore as you have plenty of cycles left on current CPUs/GPUs (not saying anything about the quality of your code). So you are absolutely correct for the case of simple games but when reading about the "best cross platform game engine ever" I was at least expecting something like Crystal Space only better.
Generics have their use, no doubt, I just tend to avoid them in performance critical code and they are definitely no must have feature for game programming. But I am getting off topic...

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?