[Lazarus] Lazarus (is completely borked) on Ubuntu Oneiric

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:28:55 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
<felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, absolutely not. You didn't even show any evidence that the problem
> is in Lazarus.
>
> As far as I can tell all problems are in Unity, so you could propose
> them to add a dialog saying that it breaks Lazarus (among other apps):
>
> http://kenkinder.com/2011/05/18/why-ubuntu-11-04-unitys-reviews-are-so-bad/
>
> --

Please be serious. Of course the bug isn't "in Lazarus" (besides the
fact we certainly seem to be doing something unconventional WRT
ScrollableArea) but the important thing is user experience. Ubuntu
currently doesn't need/want Lazarus. I guess we want Ubuntu?
And actually, Lazarus svn + latest Oneiric is pretty buggy even on
OpenBox (LXDE), messing up z-position (e.g. showing dialogs below
editor) and having erratic mouse capture/behavior frequently.

-Flávio