[Lazarus] LCL=Package changes issue

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Feb 10 11:47:47 CET 2011

Hi all,

Although the new LCL=package approach is a big step forward, I have the
idea that all complaints about the old system, which you can find
everywhere, are all addressed. But those parts that were useful for the
power-users, who didn't complain, have become a little bit trickier.

One thing, for example. I have a package installed which only compiles
for gtk2. I use it to design forms (webpages, actually). Now I have an
application that depends on this package because of other dependencies,
but doesn't really use it. But I compile this application for the
'nogui' widgetset.

Now the IDE detects a change in settings (as I understood it right), so
recompiles all packages with the settings for the application. Which
fails, because my package doesn't compile for 'nogui'.

Is there some 'trick' possible to avoid this? Or do I have to split up
some packages so it has a design-time and a run-time part? (Making
maintenance and installation more difficult for new users?)

Joost.