[Lazarus] Object Inspector odd behavior (ComboBox issue)

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 17:58:08 CET 2011

My setup: LCL=carbon (OS X), I build svn daily, and fpc is 2.5.1 from svn

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that *single*-clicking in the Object
Inspector actually increments the value of any property displayed with
ComboBoxes. That can't be the intended behavior, can it? And then, you can't
re-click it to increment it again; you have to drop the list down and
*double*-click on an item to select the new value. This seems really strange
to me and counter-intuitive. I had to carefully go back through my entire
project to make sure I haven't accidentally changed a value simply by
single-clicking in the object inspector (several indeed had been changed).
Every svn update, I rebuild hoping it's not going to do it anymore, but it
still does.

I actually hope this is a bug, because it's just really weird. Where would I
look in the sources to change this behavior so that it only increments on
double-click, not single-click?

Related to TComboBox, the behavior on carbon (not sure about other
platforms) is not consistent. If it's a read-only list, single-clicking on
an item in the drop-down list selects it and the list goes back up. If it's
not read-only, you must double-click on a list item to make the list go back
up (proper behavior on OS X is for the item to be selected and the list go
back up with just a single click). Again, where would I look in the sources
to change this behavior? This one is really important for my project,
because it goes against the Apple HI Guidelines and might cause my app to
get rejected.

--
John