[Lazarus] Some ideas that he editor in Lazarus can have

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Feb 3 10:56:50 CET 2011

On 03/02/2011 08:48, ik wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've created a small list of features that I really like to see in a
> text editor
> <http://idkn.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/features-i-wish-to-see-in-a-text-editoride/>
> (and Lazarus in specific).
> They are just ideas, no obligation for any of them at all, but I would
> really like to hear what you think on them regardless of the
> implementation part.
from the page:
> *Source preview of the entire content near the scrollbar*.
> *Error and warning indicator in a side bar.*

Your picture is almost black on black, even if I view it outside the
page (full size) => I can not see anything

Anyway try to compile with -dWithSynOverviewGutter
It gives an overview of some elements:
- implementation vs interface
- the yellow/green changed line indications
- position of bookmarks
- position of breakpoints

=> It is meant to one day indicate the locations of errors and warnings.....

> *Tab grouping of source files (and also tab coloring as part of it)*.
Not the same, but:
using docked ide, you can use several source-edit windows, docking all
in the same window.
Instead of docking them next to each other, dock them so they each have
the full space, and a tab.
Then you have one row of tabs with the source-edit-windows; and in each
of them your selected editors.

Tab drag/drop may not work that way, but you can use the context menu to
sort the editors...

> That's all for now (it does not look like much, but it's a lot of work)
oh, yes, it is / will be.
some ideas where already on the list....