[Lazarus] Some ideas that he editor in Lazarus can have

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 20:17:39 CET 2011

2011/2/3 Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de>

> Anyway try to compile with -dWithSynOverviewGutter
> It gives an overview of some elements:
> - implementation vs interface
> - the yellow/green changed line indications
> - position of bookmarks
> - position of breakpoints
>
> => It is meant to one day indicate the locations of errors and
> warnings.....

I compiled with and without this option and didn't notice a difference. When
a line is changed I get a yellow mark, and it changes to green when saved --
but this happens with and without the compile option. Bookmarks and
breakpoints show the same. However, I don't notice anything in the gutter
for implementation vs interface at all. I compiled with "make clean all
OPT="-dWithSynOverviewGutter""

Am I missing something?

BTW, I cannot find this option mentioned anywhere. Are there others that
perhaps aren't documented, that might be useful?

--
John