[Lazarus] Send a ResultSet (encrypted) between 2 servers

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Thu Feb 10 11:54:30 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 21:28 -0200, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
> If you had to send an encrypted ResultSet between 2 DBMS servers,
> using port 80, what libs would you use?
> It isn't necessary to use WebServices. Just two applications sending
> encrypted packages...

I also read your more recent message. But what do you think
'webservices' do? Sending data between two applications using port 80 is
exactly what webservices do. So you can not solve your problem without
using webservices by definition.

You can solve this the difficult way (I think this is what you mean)
using your own protocol and any tcp/ip-component. Like lNet, Indy or
Synapse. The protocol could be as simple as this: do a request to some
url, and get the dataset back, encrypted. In fact you have then build
your own webservice.

But the easier way is to use some pre-defined format (xml=soap, or json,
or whatever) so you can use some standard components. But I think that
this is not what you want, as you stated you don't want to use
'webservices'.

Joost.