[Lazarus] Send a ResultSet (encrypted) between 2 servers

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Feb 10 13:09:13 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:54 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-09 at 21:28 -0200, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> Hi,
>> If you had to send an encrypted ResultSet between 2 DBMS servers,
>> using port 80, what libs would you use?
>> It isn't necessary to use WebServices. Just two applications sending
>> encrypted packages...
>
> I also read your more recent message. But what do you think
> 'webservices' do? Sending data between two applications using port 80 is
> exactly what webservices do. So you can not solve your problem without
> using webservices by definition.
>
> You can solve this the difficult way (I think this is what you mean)
> using your own protocol and any tcp/ip-component. Like lNet, Indy or
> Synapse. The protocol could be as simple as this: do a request to some
> url, and get the dataset back, encrypted. In fact you have then build
> your own webservice.

I want simplify!
I said: "It isn't necessary to use WebServices. Just two applications
sending encrypted packages..."
Not _necessary_ because I think should exists solutions more simpler
than WebServices and yours XML files.

> But the easier way is to use some pre-defined format (xml=soap, or json,
> or whatever) so you can use some standard components. But I think that
> this is not what you want, as you stated you don't want to use
> 'webservices'.

I can use XML, SOAP, JSON, whatever... I asked "what libs would you
use?" for this problem.
I not want THE solution (well... I accept if you give me!), but if
somebody had the same problem, could tell: "use the 'lib X' to
communicate, 'lib Y' to convert a ResultSet to Stream and 'lib Z' to
encrypt all... see an example in the link 'XYZ.com'" or something like
that  =)

Marcos Douglas