[Lazarus] Object Inspector odd behavior (ComboBox issue)

John Stoneham captnjameskirk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 19:14:45 CET 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:07 PM, dmitry boyarintsev <
skalogryz.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid this is how Apple designed Carbon (intentionally i suspect
> to force everyone to use Cocoa).
> You can actually test by using Interface Builder. Create a window and
> place a combobox on it. Add some items to the combobox and run the
> simulation. You'll see that combobox is behaving in the same.
>
> This is possible to fix, but it required some additional efforts, and
> nobody ever wanted to fix Apple's bugs for them.
>
> This bug doesn't present in Cocoa combobox. So it will be working once
> Cocoa widgetset is mature enough, however it's still Alpha and almost
> unusable.

Hmm, didn't know it was a Carbon combobox thing, since I've only every used
Cocoa in the past, and it is definitely different. Ok, good enough.

However, I'm still curious as to why on earth Object Inspector increments
properties on *single*-click. That is just annoying the hell out of me. You
can't even click to see the list of available properties without changing
the value. I've tried delving into the source but can't locate where to fix
this.

--
John