[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Feb 20 10:18:43 CET 2011

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 23:21:46 +0100
Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
> > The implementation uses section does not make the code more readable
> > for everyone.
>
> It makes the *interface* section more readable.

Not for everyone.
Some people read the uses sections only to find out what is needed to
compile the unit.

> > IMHO comments are better suited for that.
>
> Did you ever see a uses clause, separated by comments into units
> required by the interface and the implementation?

No.
Apparently those who care separate them and those who don't care, see no
reason to mention it.

> That would be useless because nobody can verify that distinction,
> without actually moving the units into the implementation uses and
> compile again.

What about class private members? You don't need them to understand the
interface, but you might need some extra units for them.

Apparently I'm too stupid to understand the gain of the
readability of uses section separation, but I know the trouble with
FPC.

Mattias