[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 07:49:30 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-19 18:47, Mattias Gaertner het geskryf:
> It is not the first time that people added implementation uses sections
> to the Lazarus code, creating circular dependencies, which lead
> weeks/months later to strange errors.

I have yet to see such an example - and least this has never happened in
my years of working with Object Pascal, Delphi, FPC. Lazarus IDE is the
only project I have ever heard of such problems so....

1) There is something really strange about the Lazarus IDE code

2) If you think the implementation section causes circular unit
reference issues, then it is contrary to how Delphi explains the object
pascal language - thus there is a bug in FPC, because Delphi does not
work like that. Please report such a issue with an example to the FPC
team please. I would be very interested in such an example too.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/