[Lazarus] Cross-compile for ARM-Linux on a Windows host????

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 23:28:46 CET 2011

I am setting up an environment for developing a simple GUI application
for RS232 communications that will eventually be loaded on an embedded
ARM system running a debian linux port.

I am not used to Linux so I figured I could develop on Windows and
test it natively there and then cross-compile for the ARM-linux
platform when I am done.

For the development I have installed FPC 2.4.2 and gotten Lazarus,
both trunk and the fixes_0_9_30 branch from SVN. Both compiled OK so I
am good concerning the Windows dev tools.

Question 1:
Is the scenario I am after at all possible?

Question 2:
I have tried to locate an FPC 2.4.2 cross compiler for ARM targets
running on a Windows host, but failed. Is one available or must I
change my development hosting to a (for me unknown) linux system?
I *have* googled some wiki pages outlining cross-compile for ARM, but
these are using linux as the host, unfortunately...

TIA

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden