[Lazarus] Accessing MS SQLServer database from Lazarus/FPC?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 09:42:01 CET 2011

I have a number of Delphi applications, which use an MSSQLServer
database as backend. These applications use ADO to connect to the
database.

Now I am checking if these applications are possible to move over to
Lazarus/FPC. I realize that I cannot just recompile them since ADO is
a COM system on Windows, which is not going to be cross-platform for
example.

Is there an alterate connection mechanism that can be used towards
MSSQLServer which works also on Linux so the applications can be made
cross-platform? The database itself will of course remain on a Windows
server.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden