[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 13:24:07 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2011-01-05 13:38, Mark Morgan Lloyd het geskryf:
>> supports, i.e. Windows, and he's probably going to have to move onto
>> something like gtk v2; clearly this means that gtk etc. does have to
>> work on whatever ARM-based board he's chosen.
>
> [promo hat on]
> Obviously he can also move to something lighter, with less dependencies
> that LCL, resulting in much smaller executables, and easier deployment. One
> such alternative, for ARM-based boards, is fpGUI Toolkit.  ;-)
> [promo hat off]

Yes, I was going to mention that but at present it's unclear whether
it's immediately usable from the Lazarus IDE. If it is not, since Bo is
talking about converting an existing Delphi project I don't think that
fpgui would be a visible option.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk