[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 13:41:47 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-05 14:24, Mark Morgan Lloyd het geskryf:
> Yes, I was going to mention that but at present it's unclear whether
> it's immediately usable from the Lazarus IDE.

fpGUI works with any IDE or editor - their are no dependencies to a
specific IDE.

> If it is not, since Bo is
> talking about converting an existing Delphi project I don't think that
> fpgui would be a visible option.

Going from VCL to GTK or GTK2 is bound cause problems too (I know), so it
is not as if it is simply going to be a re-compile and be done with it.
fpGUI is also quite easy to learn and has other benefits too. I just
thought it might be beneficial for the original poster to know all his
options available to him (unlike when I moved away from Delphi). Obviously
MSEide and MSEgui is another option, but that is very different to VCL
(steep learning curve). Though different is not always bad.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/