[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 10 12:09:50 CET 2011

On 01/10/2011 11:41 AM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

> No. It creates code in a 'AfterCreate' procedure to create the layout of
> your form. (Well, partially. Not all properties can be set).
Hmm. I understand from your words that "AfterCreate" is called as an
event of the (main-) form. So some LCL based form creating code is run
before. I suppose that the "AfterCreate" code reads some data
(supposedly from a resource) when running and this resource will be
created from some file generated by the fpGUI form designer.

So it seems to be no great problem to integrate the runtime code for
this in the LCL's "fpGUI" Widget Type code so that it is not visible for
the user any more (while of course integrating the fPGUI form designer
into Lazarus seems a lot more work, as each control needs it's dedicated
design time code.)

-Michael