[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:30:33 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-10 13:09, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
> event of the (main-) form. So some LCL based form creating code is run
> before.

Yes, I think so (though not 100% sure how LCL works).

> I suppose that the "AfterCreate" code reads some data
> (supposedly from a resource) when running and this resource will be
> created from some file generated by the fpGUI form designer.

The code inside AfterCreate is pure object pascal code, there are no
external resource files. The fpGUI UI Designer generates source code.

> So it seems to be no great problem to integrate the runtime code for
> this in the LCL's "fpGUI" Widget Type code so that it is not visible for
> the user any more (while of course integrating the fPGUI form designer
> into Lazarus seems a lot more work, as each control needs it's dedicated
> design time code.)

For the LCL-fpGUI widgetset in LCL, you simply do what the LCL always
does, read the UI from the *.lfm file. In the case of LCL-fpGUI
widgetset, there is no need for using the AfterCreate method at all.
You can test this yourself, by creating a LCL-fpGUI based application
and using any of the Standard Component Palette components. LCL's form
designer generates a *.lfm file, like normal.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/