[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:09:26 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-10 14:34, michael het geskryf:

> Getting some controls to a more or less working condition will not be
> difficult.

This is the point I was trying to make.

> But going the full 100%, this is another task.
> And I believe the latter is precisely the reason you abandoned LCL

Exactly. But seeing that currently there are no two widgetsets in LCL
(after 10+ years) that are 100% compatible with each other, why try and
make LCL-fpGUI live up to that "impossible to reach" goal?

It seems everybody here settled on the "more or less compatible" as
being good enough. And that goal should be easier to reach (more so that
the existing widgetsets) with LCL-fpGUI.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/