[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jan 10 14:20:47 CET 2011

On Mon, 10 Jan 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2011-01-10 14:34, michael het geskryf:
>>
>> Getting some controls to a more or less working condition will not be
>> difficult.
>
> This is the point I was trying to make.
>

>> But going the full 100%, this is another task.
>> And I believe the latter is precisely the reason you abandoned LCL
>
> Exactly. But seeing that currently there are no two widgetsets in LCL
> (after 10+ years) that are 100% compatible with each other, why try and
> make LCL-fpGUI live up to that "impossible to reach" goal?
>
> It seems everybody here settled on the "more or less compatible" as
> being good enough.

This is not correct. People do strive to "100% the same everywhere".
But the "100% the same working on all platforms" is hard to reach,
and takes time, it is an ambitious target. Rome also wasn't built on a day.

Just like fpGUI is an ambitious target in it's own right, which by itself
is also far from finished.

Michael.