[Lazarus] Namespace

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 11 22:03:33 CET 2011

Marcos Douglas schrieb:

>> Working with items of the same name, from different locations (units,
>> namespaces), requires qualifications all over. That waste of characters in
>> source code makes code less readable to me.
>
> Waste of characters? Not really. Write xyz.TFoo is not so different of
> TxyzFoo. There is one char more.

But it's different from only TFoo, and that's my point.

Duplicate identifiers are used in the same unit in very rare cases only,
so that normally a qualification is not necessary at all.

When you have to use such identifiers, it doesn't matter whether you use
unit or namespace names for disambiguation - you always have to qualify.

Otherwise the "uses" clauses make any further qualification optional.

DoDi