[Lazarus] fpGUI

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:45:27 CET 2011

Hello Lazarus-List,

MS> Thus the Lazarus Form designer does work for fpGUI including visually
MS> creating TTimer instances.

It works for LCLfpGUI, not for fpGUI ;)

MS> GREAT !
MS> So what do I need the external dedicated / additional fpGUI designer for
MS> ? Can it do additional tricks ?

You need external designer to work with pure fpGUI.

MS> Additional questions:
MS> Can I hope for some thinks that are broken in the gtk2 Widget set to be
MS> working with fpGUI ? Such as
MS> TThread.synchronize (that is said to drop events when system load is high),
MS> SendMessage -> Procedure ..Message (AFAIK, not working in the current
MS> svn version of gtk2)
MS> TThread.Queue (not implemented yet :) )

Maybe better make TImage, TBitmap and many other basic things work. In
most cases LCLfpGUI will not deliver/handle some, how to call them...
maybe advanced, messages like WM_ERASEBGRD because the widgetset does
not have such concept, or at least I had not found it :-?

--
Best regards,
 José