[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 12 12:18:41 CET 2011

On 01/12/2011 11:36 AM, Michael Schnell wrote:

> Now lets see what I can do with this.

Works like charm !

Just changing the Project's Widget Type from gtk2 to fpGUI toggles the
Widget set and both create working application with just a slightly
different look.

Thus the Lazarus Form designer does work for fpGUI including visually
creating TTimer instances.

GREAT !

So what do I need the external dedicated / additional fpGUI designer for
? Can it do additional tricks ?

Additional questions:

Can I hope for some thinks that are broken in the gtk2 Widget set to be
working with fpGUI ? Such as
TThread.synchronize (that is said to drop events when system load is high),
SendMessage -> Procedure ..Message (AFAIK, not working in the current
svn version of gtk2)
TThread.Queue (not implemented yet :) )

Thanks,
-Michael