[Lazarus] Lazarus editor font height very small...

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 05:23:08 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 18:02 +0100, Bo Berglund wrote:
>> Is Lazarus using a different size unit than Delphi is?
>> I usually set the font to 8 or 10 to get a comfortable view of the
>> code but that does not work at all in Lazarus, here I need to set it
>> to 16 or even 18. What is the reason for this?
>

> I had the same problem under my Linux system. I made a copy of my
> existing profile, to separate the two Lazarus versions. My fonts was
> very small in the editor. Then after I got some more updates my fonts
> were suddenly HUGE, and I had to set the font size back to normal again
> (11pt on my system).

I've seen that as well over the last few weeks. It's also worth noting
that different editors were affected differently, i.e. comparing the
main editor with the one for SQL queries.

> That's Lazarus for you - after an update, you just don't know what you
> are going to get.

No, that's a version control system for you.

What would be helpful would be a scoring system: if any of the
developers knows that he's just checked something in that might result
in an inconsistency a branch (or tag etc.) gets bumped from green to
amber, or to red if he knows there's something dodgy that will be fixed
in a few minutes.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk